USB TO ETHERNET 2.0
The Plugable USB2-E1000 kicks up network performance of computers with10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet adapters, using the higher speeds of USB 2.0 ports to achieve up to 300 Mbs on a Gigabit netwok. It also adds the speed and reliability of wired Ethernet to computers with slow or shaky wireless connections.
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- OS X 10.6 through MacOS 10.12
- Recent Linux distributiuons like Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, Arch, and others.
- Raspberry Pis running Raspbian or Ubuntu Mate.
- Some Android devices, including Nvidia Shield and Nexus Player
Does not add Ethernet capability through USB ports on printers or other devices that aren’t already network capable.
If your network speeds are currently limited by slow Wifi or a 10/100 Mbps network adapter in your computer, this adapter can provide up to 250-300 Mbps on networks that support these speeds.
Please note that ultimately, your Internet Service Provider’s maximum speed will determine the upper level of performance. Speeds can also be limited by other computers on the network, excessive traffic on a cable connection, or network cabling and devices like switches or routers that don’t support higher network speeds.
This adapter will also allow 10/100 Mbps networks to transfer data at their fastest available speed.
Technical specifications & compatibility
Inside the USB2-E1000 is an ASIX AX88178 chipset for fast 10/100/1000 Mbps network speeds and maximum USB 2.0 compatibility with almost all USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 hosts.
- USB 2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter with standard USB type A connector for your PC and a female RJ45 jack to connect to an Ethernet cable
- Quick Install Guide
- Driver Disk for Windows and Mac